Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

A short list of things I am especially Thankful for as I take time to reflect this Thansgiving:

It goes without saying that I am most thankful for healthy, happy, thriving (and smart and beautiful, if I do say so my own non-humble self) children. 2 of which can now wipe their own butts - and the remaining one is edging closer to an interest in using the potty on his own.. so life is getting far too easy.

I cannot help pause and be grateful my own children are young and safe at home with us - not in Iraq fighting in a quagmire of a war. As angry as I often am at the "leadership" and "foreign policy" (More like lack there of. I can't even type those without words in connection with our current administration without quotes..) of this nation, I am truly thankful that I and my children were born in this land of great opportunity - and many freedoms.

Also high on my list to be thankful for are the dear friends who I don't see enough of lately.

And my dear husband, who I now see MORE of thanks to a change in his job is also someone for whom I am ceaselessly grateful. Besides being one heck of a father and husband - he's my bestest friend and the steadiest presence in my life. He makes me a better person - makes me laugh and..well, I'd better stop there before I make people puke with a line like "he completes me" - a la Jerry MacGuire.

But beyond that - here are a few material or intangible goodies I've stumbled across in the past year that make life just that much better and make me grateful..

1. Audible.com - This American Life On Demand.
2. Pre-paid monthly parking pass card
3. Paradise Iced-Tea by Sara Lee
4. Target. I heart Target.
5. Simon Delivers.
6. Scouting Websites with oodles of good ideas and info.
7. Good health insurance.

Happy Thanksgiving

2 comments:

Duf said...

What is a scouting web site?

geekymama said...

http://www.scoutingweb.com/scoutingweb/Daisy.htm

http://www.girlscoutsmpls.org/

http://www.wagggsworld.org/en/home

I'm co-leading middle daughter's Daisy Troop - and geek that I am - relying heavily on info. on the web, and loving that the info is so easily available.