Friday, May 06, 2005

Teaching Our Children ALL the Words in the English Language

Last weekend we had a (rather sudden) road trip to Milwaukee and stayed in a hotel. It became a special fun weekend for the kids filled with swimming in the hotel pool, new toys from the Goodwill in Madison (our favorite - it's the best!) and more meals at McDonald's than I thought were gastronomically and calorically feasible.

I'm not sure what brought it up - but while we sat on the hotel room floor cross legged (ewww!! Can you just imagine the filth on that floor?) letting the kids eat tons of candy (bad mommy.. at least the baby only had part of one or two Dots..) somehow the expression "ho" came up. And my dear husband explained just what the word meant and how to use it. What a banner weekend for our parenting skills. We spoiled the kids rotten with candy, meals out and new toys.. and taught them the word HO.

So, when the phone call comes from my 7.5 year old step-daughter's bio mom or my 4 year old's preschool teacher tells us our daughter will not be welcomed back at their Christian preschool for the next school year.. We'll know why.

Alternatively, if the girls and I are shopping at Target and they see those Bratz dolls and say out loud: "I don't want a Bratz doll. They all look like skanky hos." I will beam proudly at them and hope the other mother's overhear their proper use of the word: "HO".

No comments: