Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Important things I learned today

You know - some days are just routine. And some days.. some days I really learn something. I learned at least two new pieces of information today:

1. Too much caffiene, chocolate, etc. can cause breast pain.
2. Taking vitamin E, about 400 IU a day, can help ease chronic breast pain.

And, then after some self-reflection, actually learned something that is only really helpful for me:
Even though the pace of life is busy and I am always feeling overwhelmed I MUST start taking better care of myself.
I need to commit to Jenny Craig, going to the YMCA to workout and really working at not eating crap. My blood pressure is crazy high. If I want to be around to actually spend any of my hard earned 401K I had better do something to improve my health.
I was pondering Jenny Craig just because I'm fed up being about 40lbs overweight from being pregnant 3 times since fall 2000. Now that I'm done with having babies it's time to reclaim my body. So, what started as vanity now seems imperative for my health.

Nothing ventured nothing gained - so here goes nothing.

1 comment:

Megan said...

I second the Weight Watchers. I've been on it and know several people who are currently on it. You'll re-learn how to eat (which helps you KEEP the weight off) and it's far less expensive.

Good luck. I know you can do it. Hell, you have three small children—you can do anything!