Monday, April 10, 2006

Greenie's New Shoes


Greenie's new shoes
Originally uploaded by Geeky Mama.
While I was off spending a decadent weekend in Chicago, my dear husband Pimped My Ride.

I am feeling very spoiled at the moment. A full recap of my weekend reads like a list of my most favorite people, places and foods.

I drank raspberry liquor infused sangrias, ate yummy tapas, slept 8~9 hours uninterupted, chatted Holly's ear off, fabric shopped, stock-piled goodies like いちご大福, bought new 大塚愛 and 安室宗 美恵 CDs, アンアン(雑誌), and 「嫌われ松子の一生」山田宗樹の新本 at Mitsuwa... and we even topped it off with shoe shopping at DSW and going to see a movie! (Unheard of for me! Jeff and I make it to like 3 movies a year, MAYBE).
(*Side note: "Failure to Launch" was light, fluffy and VERY funny.)

I had copious time to read, play sudoko, work on my quilt for P's new baby, listen to music, chat with Holly.. it was wonderful start to finish.

Meanwhile, not only did hubby keep the homefires burning, but he was so productive that he got the new tires on the van, cleaned the whole house, did the laundry, took the kids to gymnastics and a family party, and even got baby boy's haircut. He's putting me to shame.

Now, back to our regular programming.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Motives were neither to be nice nor to cause feelings of guilt, stuff just needs to get done whether Mama is home or not...

Sending you for a girls weekend once in awhile is an investment in the whole family. As Dr. Phil says: "If Mama ain't happy, ain't nobody happy".