Monday, February 26, 2007

Parents Visit

I can tell I must have been a bit stressed out during my parents visit in these ways:

1. My right eye involuntarily twitched the whole weekend they were here. Went away this morning as they boarded their flight.

2. I drove the girls to a birthday party on Sunday afternoon and then voluntarily shoveled out the garage (the muck that melts from the car leaves a mess -- hubby is forever asking me to clear it out from my parking spot) rather than re-enter the house (where everyone was) right away.

3. My mother-in-law, over for dinner with my parents on Sunday evening, more than once, asked me in a kind, but concerned tone of voice: "C, are you OK?" Of course, first she had to get my attention because I was deeply spaced-out looking at something on the kitchen counter. Perhaps...staring at a non-existant spot I was wiping up for far too long on the kitchen counter.

The visit went very well overall - I can't complain. But I also have to admit I feel relieved to be at work today and getting back to our usual routine with the kids. And my eye isn't twitching anymore.

1 comment:

Shelli said...

I can totally relate. I know you know that.