Tuesday, December 18, 2007

But he's so INSISTENT



I love the look on his face here. Such an expressive little boy.

And so INSISTENT. I don't know where he gets it from. (ha)

Last night in the kitchen as I was dashing out to try and do more Christmas shopping Mr. Man (who is very attached to mommy lately) told me not to go.

Me: I have to go - I'm going to go buy Christmas presents.
Mr. Man: I go with you!
Me: No, you need to stay and have a bath with Daddy because maybe I will buy a present for you, too.
Mr. Man: And THEN I CAN OPEN IT!
Me: No, you can't open it until Christmas.
Mr. Man: But is IS Christmas.
Me: No, not yet.
Mr. Man: Uh huh! It IS Christmas.

Me: (pulling down the family calendar, showing him today's date, pointing ahead 7 shopping days to Christmas) No...this is today..and then HERE is Christmas when you can open your presents.

Mr. Man: No! It IS Christmas mommy!

Me & Hubby exchange a glance..and then we both say: "Well, it is Christmas SEASON, but not Christmas DAY"

Mr. Man: It IS Christmas!! (red faced, foot stomping)

Mr. Man is ADAMANT and I can see I'm not going to win this one. Then I strike upon something to say:

Me: You can't open your present until I've had time to wrap it. I'm going to go buy it, but it might take me a while to wrap it.
Mr. Man: OH. OK. Bye!

Clearly it just takes the right explanation. We just wish we knew what the right answer was more often.

No comments: