Monday, April 27, 2015

I Can Do This Job in My Sleep

On a lighter note...a story about my long-suffering husband and what he has to put up with because he married me.

Jeff tells this story much better than I do; and when he told Lucy and me on Sunday morning we were both doubled over with laughter.

Last week was a hard week for me. Two cities, two sets of customer demos, a flight on Tuesday & Wednesday... 3 days total of demonstrations to customers. 
This meant a lot of early wake ups (5am) and late nights. 

Friday night into Saturday I slept about 12 hours. I say "about" because Jeff tells me I was definitely awake at 3am Saturday. He knows this because he woke me up.

Back story: as any of my former roommates can attest - I sometimes talk in my sleep. It's rare, usually unintelligible mumbles and probably makes no sense because dreams tend to not make much sense, either.

Saturday in the middle of the night while I was deep asleep I started to talk in my sleep. Jeff tells me the first bit seemed directed at him - that I was talking about Erik to him. It was mainly a mumble and so he decided he could tolerate that without smothering me with a pillow.
Then I started to talk about prep for my demos. Again, mumbling at a low tone. Jeff rolled over and thought...okay, I can sleep through this, too.
Then, at full volume - as if I was addressing a large room of attendees I began GIVING my presentation. 

Jeff couldn't take it. He grabbed my arm. He says my reaction was swift and immediate - like swatting a bug. I hit his hand, rolled over and went back to sleep. Silently and deeply until nearly noon on Saturday. 



No comments: