Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Meme

There's a meme that's floating around - and I love to make lists.. so I decided to try it myself.. but then had to edit it. See, everyone else is using "4" things. But, that is a very inauspicious number. Scares me. (It goes back to the Japanese thing - 4, 9 and 13 are not good numbers.) So, I changed it a bit..

Five jobs I have had

1. Pizza Delivery / Donut Maker for the university food service / Flower Delivery / Direct Mail worker drone -- all 4 at the same time, while attending college fulltime! Until I became very very ill from not sleeping.
2. 1-900 Phone "chat" person. For one night. Until I figured out the job wasn't just "chatting". (Why yes! Yes I AM guillible. What was it I said that gave me away?) My first clue in might have been that they suggested I pick a psuedynom. When I suggested "Buffy" jokingly, they said: "Yeah, that's good. That'll do."
3. English Teacher (TEFL) in Japan
4. Vertical Market Manager (ha! during the dot-com bubble)
5. Localization Engineer

Five movies I can watch over and over

1. Until the End of the World (Wim Wenders)
2. Any John Hughes movie of a certain era (e.g. Pretty in Pink, Sixteen Candles, Breakfast Club)
3. Truly, Madly, Deeply (British film - major tear jerker. Good when feeling PMS-y)
4. Any of the Harry Potter or Lord of the Rings series
5. Any Studio Ghibli / Miyazaki movie that the kids like (Spirited Away, Nausica, etc.)

(Does admitting to number 4 mean I am a geek? At least it wasn't Star Trek..)

3 places I have lived

1. Ohio (in at least 4 diff. cities, no less than 12 different mailing addresses)
2. Japan (2 southern prefectures, 2 diff. cities)
3. Minnesota (so far 2 different suburbs, 2 diff. mailing addresses)

Interesting observation: I have not moved at all since just before marrying hubby (over 5.5 yrs. ago). Since I tied the knot, apparently I have also grown roots... Considering how frequently I've moved in the past - that's rather impressive.

Three TV shows I love

1. Extreme Makeover Home Edition (another tear jerker - obviously I like my entertainment to move me to tears?!?!)
2. Any TV news or talk sort of program (PrimeTime, 60 Minutes, Oprah, Dr. Phil)
3. Sunday Morning (CBS, with Charles Osgood)


Three places I have vacationed

We don't really vacation places too much. We tend to use up all our vacation time going back to Ohio to see the grandparents, or some other family reunion type of activity.

1. Beaufort, SC
2. Maui, Hawaii
3. Bad Aibling, (near Munich) Germany (though hubby was working)


3 of my favorite dishes

1. Southern Fried Chicken Salad from Cheesecake Factory (though it's not currently on their menu. I'm waiting for them to bring it back!)
2. Anderson family version of "yakiniku" (rib eye w/ yakiniku no tare and Japanese rice)
3. strawberry pretzel salad (strawberries in strawberry layered on bed of sugar sweetened cream cheese and a crust of crushed pretzels with butter. To die for.)

3 sites I visit daily

1. Shelli's (http://seriously-silly.blogspot.com/)
2. Holly's (http://blackwhiteandcolor.blogspot.com/)
3. Pounds2Go (http://www.pounds2go.net/)

5 places I would rather be right now

1. home with the kids
2. in bed asleep
3. at the Y working out
4. in my rocking chair hand piecing a quilt square or doing Sudoku with a nice fire in the fireplace
5. in a hammock on vacation in a warm place, perhaps coastal New Zealand

No comments: