Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Close up..


Erin's Quilt_3
Originally uploaded by Geeky Mama.
In case you want to see the beautiful machine quilting done by Julie from Fat Quarter Quilt Shop.. here's a close up shot. I love what she did.
In case you're a crafty type like me - maybe you'll want to know this:
I did everything by hand. Except the quilting. I know, I know - that's backwards from how most folks do it.
I hand cut, piece and bind my quilts. I just don't hand quilt. I've tried it and don't like it - and I'm all about hobbies only being about the parts you like. So, I machine quilt the small (baby) quilts myself or send them out to someone with a frame and a good professional quilting machine. Someday when I win the lottery I'll buy a far nicer quilting machine & quilting frame for myself - until then, Julie saves the day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous! I'm jealous. ;)