Thursday, December 01, 2005

Thirteen Things - Thanks to Shelli


Thirteen Things about Carolyn


1…. I recently cut off all my hair. People who haven't seen me in a while are quite shocked - it's REALLY short.

2…. Me speaka the Japanese.

3…. If my children were dwarves in Snow White they'd be: Pukey, Smiley and Recalcitrant.

4…. I would be Coughy and my husband Farty. Actually, that's accurate without Disney magic.

5…. I was born in Ohio. Go Buckeyes!

6…. I wish I had been born in New Zealand. Go Kiwis!

7…. My family of 5 lives in a house with less than 1400 sq. feet in a neighborhood where the average house is over 2500 sq. feet.

8…. I don't drink coffee. I love the smell, but all I drink is iced tea. Year-round.

9…. I drive a mini-van now. I swore I wouldn't.. but, I love my Nissan Quest.

10…. I am an avid quilter. I don't have much time - so I'm not very prolific - but I love to quilt. I hand piece and machine quilt - which is backwards from what many quilters do. Figures. I'm kind of backwards sometimes.

11…. I had scoliosis as a child that went undetected. So, I'm a few inches shorter than I should have been due to curvature of my spine.

12…. My H.S. graduating class had only 32 people in it.

13…. I met my husband in Japan - but he's Minnesotan.











Links to other Thursday Thirteens!
1. (leave your link in comments, I’ll add you here!)



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Thursday 13! Glad I found your blog. I'll be back!

Unknown said...

Trying to Catch Up: Thursday Thirteen - Places I've Lived

I love my minivan. I really don't care how my car looks.

Leanne said...

Thanks for joining in this week, Carolyn!

From now on I'll be picturing you and your family living in a dwarf like house among mansions, blowing your noses and puking at the sight of minivans. Lovely vision, huh? LOL!

How neat that you and your husband met overseas! There's destiny at it's finest. :)

Megan said...

Hi Carolyn! I popped over from Shelli's. Welcome! You're the second person I know who loves the smell of coffee but doesn't drink it.

Have a great weekend!