Thursday, December 08, 2005

Thirteen Thursday - 13 Reasons Why I Got Nothing Done Today



Thirteen Things That Got Me Off Track Today



I have a work project I'm supposed to be working on - I have a deadline each day to get a specific amount of work done. This is why it didn't get even a moment of my time today:

1…. Had to return a call on behalf of my boss to the head of another project team.

2…. Suddenly requested to track down old files from 2002 for yet another technical lead.

3…. Surprise phone call from Accupuncturist friend.

4…. Mini Japanese translation project for accupuncturist friend.

5…. Emergency Target run for diaper wipes - because it's never good to be totally out of baby wipes at our house!

6…. Ran into a friend from church (Denise) in the skyway who's had foot surgery and needs a ride downtown tomorrow.

7…. Emailed South African colleague who's in the UK with advice on his project.

8…. Figured out a time to help another work pal figure out her mysterious Japanese issue on a separate project.

9….
Ran out to get Christmas cards on my lunch hour - whew! At last!

10…. Two unexpected run on meetings. (And a partridge in a pear tree...)

11…. Quickie gossip session with boss.

12…. Bickering with my husband (who's in L.A.) by email

13…. Had to compose amd post my Thursday Thirteen!

In truth, I got a lot done today. Kids dressed and to daycare. Full day at work, small side translation project, errands on my lunch hour, responded to every request and last minute meeting as best as I could - and accomplished many necessary and strategic work tasks before ducking out of another run on meeting to drive home while talking with my friend Angie (girl friend rant time for both of us) picking up the kids at day care, home made dinner, bath with hair washing night, finished a load of laundry and unloading & reloading the dishwasher. Next is jammies and book reading time. Although I'm in constant motion, I wouldn't have it any other way. It was a god Thursday - even if my project fell another day behind.


No comments: