Thursday, March 23, 2006

2 Random Thoughts - Thursday Afternoon Special


odd-walla
Originally uploaded by Geeky Mama.
What's pictured here is the Odwalla Nourshing Food Bar I bought. It sounded.. so nourishing.

In reality, it looks like Poop. And doesn't taste a whole lot better.
(Which is shocking because - how can you go wrong with Chocolate Chips and Peanuts? But somehow, they managed...)

On a totally separate topic (2nd random thought):
I am so proud to hear a report from daycare today that Lucy has empathy. And that baby boy has learned to take off his pants and swing them over his head while hooting. Two important life skills in one day - yay kids!

But really, I am very proud of Luce.
Two other kids were excluding and ignoring another girl. Lucy lectured them on including her and pointed out to the other two that (the excluded child) shares all her toys with them.

A quote from daycare mom Shelly:


Lucy said: "What, is there some reason we can't all play with (excluded child's name)?"
Sounds so close to: "Can't we all just get along?" - doesn't it?

Still, I'm proud that she fought against clique-ishness and was sensitive to another person's feelings. This makes me think maybe I'm not doing a totally crap job as a mom.

That, and I've gotten her to only swear in German now. (This is how I've cleaned up my language, I switched my potty-mouth words to non-English exclamations.) So now, I'll hear her playing with her doll babies and then blurt out: Scheiße!

If Daddy over hears it he invariably says: "Lucy, you shouldn't say that.." And she'll say in a sheepish tone of voice: "Ah, Pickles!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You have a collection of Odwalla Nourshing Food Bar's on the lawn from the dog, if you'd like to eat some more.