Thursday, September 21, 2006

XM is dangerous for me

Having XM Satellite radio has ended up costing me more than the monthly fee.
I hear old music on Fred, or new international music on UPOP and end up on a freakin' QUEST I tell you!
A quest for music not yet released in the US or for ancient out-of-print Vinyl albums. It's nuts.
Once again, it's happened. I heard a tune from the Rave-ups (Molly Ringworm used to be a fan, so she had the band name scrawled on her notebook in 16 Candles and 2 tracks are featured in Pretty in Pink -- but not available on the sound track) yesterday afternoon and it was like getting a taste of a drug! Now I have searched all over the internet for their out-of-print 1985 album: "Town + Country" and have found it in New York for $10... on vinyl.
Now I just need to find someone who can burn a vinyl album to CD for me... (I'm sure there is a service somewhere...)

No comments: