Friday, January 12, 2007

At Least I'm Consistent...

If there's one thing I'm good for - it's funny stories. And embarassing myself.
I'm nothing if not workplace inappropriate. In an effort to try and be witty I usually end up more like class clown and embarass myself frequently. It brings to mind something my father would say, exasperated with me, when I was younger: "Diarrhea of the brain causes run of the mouth."

Sadly, coupled with my inability to think first before opening my mouth is a wicked case of being my own worst critic. So, not only do I say stupid things..but then I kick myself for days over it. (Well, or hours. Really depends on how mortified I am.)

Today a co-worker stopped by for a band-aid because he'd heard I had some in my desk. On seeing his cut I went all maternal -- mommy-mode kicked in and I opened it and started to put it on his hand for him (when I should have just handed it over).... and then it happened I said (in my mommy voice) : "Awwww... want me to kiss your boo boo?"

Pardon me while I go kick myself for a while....

No comments: