Friday, January 26, 2007

Friday Poetry

I've decided to try something new (attempting to update more frequently)

Friday (Japanese) Poetry!

This one by me:

「好きな時に休らい」
が若い子供のお母さん
へ言えない
でしょう

(No, it's not a Haiku.)

Translation:
suki na toki ni yasurai
ga wakai kodomo no okaasan
he ienai
deshou

[Rest whenever you like] <----(a lyric from a Japanese pop song I like)
is not something you can say
to the mother of a young child,
is it.

Maybe I'll try and keep this Friday poetry thing up.
Or - maybe I'll start scanning in some home-made art (by kids or me).

No worries, I'm not gettin' all artsy-fartsy. Just looking for other things to post besides news of Girl Scout cookies, rants on drivers in Minneapolis and /or the results of my colonoscopy (shudder). 'Cause really - I don't even want to know about those things.

No comments: