Friday, May 04, 2007

Another reason to love the month of July

OK – I know I am a big ol’ dork, but I have pre-ordered my Harry Potter Book 7 for home delivery ON the day of release from Amazon. Immediately, first chance to do so. I've talked a lot to hubby about how I will be unavailable come July 21st - he can just expect he's on his own that weekend with the kids.. and WOW, isn't it great I won't have to take vacation days because I'm pretty sure I can finish the book in under 48 hours of consecutive reading that weekend...

When we made an offer on the new house he and I both talked about WHERE I would read my new Harry Potter book this summer. Seriously, I'm not even kidding.

That, and I’ve already planned to go see the latest Harry Potter movie immediately after it’s released on July 13th (after all that’s my birthday – I’ve already told hubby all I want for my birthday this year (35!) is to go see the movie).

Besides - I've always loved the month of July. It's my birthday month, it's the time of year we typically go to the Brainerd Lakes area for Race for the Cure and our annual family vacation in Pine River near my SIL's cabin. It's when Mr. Man was born - so we have our biggest party of the year (family and friends and a Bouncy Castle!) in July.. Plus there's Independence Day, fireworks, bbqs, some of the best weather of the year -- what's not to love, right?

But now I’ve read that Crowded House is releasing the first album in 10 years on July 2nd.

I didn't know it was possible, but I am now EVEN MORE EXCITED for July. I am now LITERALLY counting the days to July because it seems ALL GOOD THINGS are going to be in July. I know I'm a dork - but this year, at least from the looks of things I'm jotting on my calendar in advance, it sure looks like July is really just like a month 'o joy for me.

Oh July. I'm more excited than a kid waiting for Christmas. Only 57 days and counting. Woo hoo!

No comments: