Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Observations:

1. All my life I've struggled to grow my nails out. When I'm slightly nervous or mildly stressed my nails are flimsy and chip or break easily. They annoy me and I can't help myself - I nibble on my nails and end up having to clip them off.
Apparently when I'm under a greater level of stress for an extended period of time I grow nice long lovely nails. Who knew?! I've wasted oodles of money on Sally Hansen and vitamins and gelatin when all I really needed to do was be overly busy and about to move! My lovely long nails are sure to be ripped right off when we move furniture and boxes 10 days from today - but I think I'll take pictures of my hands on May 17th just for posterity.

2. It is FAR too easy to call up the local energy company and start up or stop service. They didn't ask any personal questions. Not my SS#, current account number, nothin'. They didn't need to know anything but a street address.
Why mess around with TP-ing someone's trees when you could just have their power shut off with one 30 second phone call? I'm just saying. Not that I'm evil enough to do this to somebody, just noticing it's a leetle bit too easy as it is currently.

3. We've packed well over a dozen boxes. Maybe even 2 dozen. And the house is just now starting to feel.. just right. Not over-cluttered, but also totally livable. We have the essentials (enough pans, tupperware, plates and dishes, clothes and linens) to live comfortably ...and this leads me to think: Why don't we dump every last one of those boxes at the Goodwill or stick it in a crate to Tanzania? Obviously, it's excess if I can live without that stuff. (Though, those boxes contain about almost all the kids' toys. That would be too cruel...)

4. It is a sad sign of this day and age that I couldn't help but worry.. and in fact thought very hard about calling the non-emergency police phone number when I saw a rental truck (think: U-Haul) parked, without a driver, in the no-parking area in front on the office tower I work in downtown. Maybe I'm just a worry-wart - but my mind just goes "Oklahoma City" right away.

No comments: