Monday, November 01, 2004

Greetings from Mrs. Chesty McChesterson.

I have the rack I always daydreamed of as a teenager, but I'm certainly far from flaunting it. I wear baggy layers. Non-descript loose fitting sweaters or shirts. Anything long enough to cover my thick waistline, and certainly nothing with a plunging neckline. You'd think I (or my husband) would want to savor this last time that I'm going to have anything close to the category of "well-endowed" for a bust-line. Um, not so much.

In fact, the only comment that my husband ever makes these days about my chest is for me to cover up and not flash people. See, I'm not afraid to nurse the baby in public, and generally speaking I'm well covered up (baby's blanket, appropriate nursing top, etc.) but I'm apparently not as conscientious about it as my hubby would like. (I'm less observant - mainly because I'm more concerned about how the baby is latching on or eating and less concerned with whether anyone else is getting a glimpse of skin.) See, it's not that he's afraid of other men seeing his wife's chest. No, no -- he's worried about other diners in the Perkins being grossed out by my boobage. I might spoil their appetite. How thoughtful my husband is. Not of, me, but certainly of his fellow diners.

On a topic totally unrelated to my boobs (or poop - I'm not Dooce(TM) after all - no, I'm nowhere near as cool as Dooce).. Halloween has come and gone once again. Every holiday lately just goes to serve as a reminder that I am getting old. That my children are growing up so rapidly that I may blink and find myself wearing adult diapers rather than changing the diapers of my little nipple-muncher (oops, there goes that boob topic again).

This year, our oldest decided we weren't cool enough, or at least not "hard core" enough to go to enough houses to get the maximum possible amount of candy. Thus, she went trick or treating with her friends. (And an adult chaperone. I'm not stupid. Just uncool - ask my kids. Actually, strike that.. read on and you'll know I'm both uncool AND stupid.)

Our pre-schooler, after an exciting day of carving pumpkins, singing in church (mommy was very verklempt) and brunch with grandma and grandpa and playing at home.. Daddy let her skip her nap. Unfortunately, this meant she looked more like a Zombie frog for Halloween. Unintentionally. And, when she's overtired, like all other 3 year olds on the planet, she gets a bit prone to high-drama tearful episodes.
And so, I give you the choice lines she said yesterday:

1. "Mommy, you don't know your shapes. So just do what I tell you." (while carving pumpkins)
2. "Daddy! You just don't know about kids!" (when daddy was trying to put her gloves on before she went trick or treating)
3. "I like Claire." (out of the blue, hours after seeing her friends from pre-school)

Yes, our little moppet is full of fun sayings. More funny stories about her and her announcements (particularly in public settings) another day..


No comments: