Saturday, September 06, 2008

何も知らないくせに大きな口を聞くな

I'm trying to cram Japanese back into my brain. I'm leaving to be a presenter (in Japanese) for a week later this month (after Jeff gets back from Denmark) and I'm reallly worried about how rusty my Japanese has gotten.

So, I started studying from old notebooks of mine and ran across this phrase I'd jotted down back in 1993. Yep, 15 years ago. And it gave me all the warning I need for this trip where I'm meant to be an "expert": 何も知らないくせに大きな口を聞くな = Don't talk big when you know nothing.

What an amazing warning message that is for me. 'Cause I'm meant to go off and be a functional expert on about 10 different products and I'm overwhelmed trying to keep up.

As much as I'm looking forward to the chance to go back to Tokyo, the personal price (and the prep-work) is pretty steep. It looks like I'm on the hook to prepare an agenda and training materials for 5 days worth of training 10 people. It's hard to find the time to prepare the slides on top of my regular two jobs (at work) that I can barely keep up with.

No comments: